Every local church has a story of passion and purpose.
Our story began nearly 100 years ago with a handful of families who dedicated themselves to creating a church environment where the universal truths of the Christian faith would serve as the foundation for teaching, worship, and prayer. Taking a leap of faith in 1920, this small band of Christians formally established what was then called Grace Baptist Church and began holding Sunday services in various homes and rented facilities. Over the next 70 years, the church grew steadily and Sunday services were held in various facilities that could accommodate the growing congregation. In 1964, our current Floral Avenue campus was purchased and in 1990, Grace embraced a new organizational structure, becoming an independent, non-denominational local church and adopting the name Grace Community Church to better reflect God’s love for people and our desire to be relevant to our entire community.